R154 Speedo Drive

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Quadcob

I am wiring a r154 speedo sender(Mk3 supra) to a VDO electonic speedo. I am trying to find a wiring diagram of the sender, but at this stage have been unsucessful. There are 3 wires, red, green and gray. Would anyone be able to tell me what colour wires correspond to V+,V- and pulse signal or can tell me where on net the I can find a wiring diagram.

Thanks
Warren

Can someone who has carried out a conversion using a R154 or W58 gearbox help me. These gearboxes as well as the auto boxes on a crown motor use these senders. They are the sensors that plugs into the speedo cable drive, not the flat type that are used on the later gearboxes.
I have tried to use the ABS speed sensor on the gearbox, but it saturates at about 80 kph and starts to drop off, so I need to use the speedo sender.
I have unsucessfully searched the net over the last four days for wiring diagrams.

Thanks
Warren

the centre pin is always the earth

so then te outer ones are signa and 12v

so u have 50 50 chance of getting it right

the colours u have are not common colours otherwise i would tell u the exact wiring

if you know the wire colors i can tell you which is power. toyota is very good about keeping the same wire scheme for power and ground wires.

who cares bout colours the centre pin is usually earth

other 2 u can guess

heheheheheheheheheeeh

he said the wire colours but they are not genuine toyota colours

so must be aftermarket

The speed sensor is a genuine toyota type. It is the type that looks as though is was toyota's first attempt at an electronic sender. The MK3 SUPRA R154 has the same sender that is used in the auto box from a CROWN motor. The colours are GREEN, RED and WHITE(first I thought it was gray)
I am still trying to get it working.

Warren

Back