Putting a Lexus V8 into a 95 Toyota 4x4

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

bigred

Im looking for any advice yall might have on if this is possible and how hard it would be. I just found out that my old 6 cyl is now running on 5 cyl. Seeing as it has 240000 miles on it I figure I should replace it rather than rebuild it but im not sure if I can do what I would like so that is where all of yall come in. I would like to put the Lexus V8 like the one in the Tundras and such in my truck.
Can I do this and how hard would it be? My main concern is would it match up to my transmission and what other things would I have to change as well? Anyone that knows about this and can give me any advice I would really appriciate it.

Thanks,
BR

2uz-fe or 1uz-fe?

After doing a little more research I see that many people put the 1uz-fe in Toyota's simular to mine. What im not sure about is if the 2uz-fe will fit as easly? Also is the 1uz-fe that is found in a 93 Lex 400sc the same as the ones people put in trucks or is it different somehow? Reason I ask is I found a 1uz-fe in good shape with 97k miles for $650.00 with all the wiring and computer but it is in a the 400sc and didnt know if it might be a little different. Thanks for any info you can give me.

I believe the main difference between the LS400 and SC400 engines is the location of the oil sump and pickup. I'm not sure how easy it is to change them, but $650 is a hell of a deal!

I also have a auto trans. Will I have to do anything special with that or just use the one I have? Also for those that have done this already how hard is the swap? I have never done a engine swap before but I have a few people willing to help me.

You are doing the same swap I am. See my thread about swapping into a 4Runner in this section.

Back