Problems with IC Control circuit of Alternator Not getting Adequate Charge

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mrweekendwrench

Hi All,
I have been having some serious issues with my SC400 and its charging circuit.
It seems that as long as I run the vehicle at above 3000 rpm the car charges to a decent degree. The problem is I frequently get in traffic and sit at low rpm's and then the car will stall out.
The same problem manifests itself if I turn the car on and let it sit in the driveway for an hour.
In contrast, Letting the battery fully charge overnight on a car charge, the car will start out awsome, will run great , & will sound great ; as it is left idle the performance will degrade over 30-60 minutes till it stalls out. I have taken out the alternator and have had it checked at two different places and they both say it is good. I know that the SC400 has what I precieve to be a very complex charging circuit with many fuses, does anyone know what could go wrong with this circuit to make the car work faulty like this. ( I did change out the 160 amp charging fuse, it did not seem to make much of a difference)

Lambo , from the Lextreme.com forum remarked that he had a Mitsi that had an issue with charging and did have a IC controlled Alternator, he said he took it to a shop where they installed a lamp circuit but did not elaborate on its design to force a charge, but he said it did work.

I recently went to Kragen and had them look at the car with one of their portable meters. once the meter was attached to the + and - terminals the car seemed to runn a little better as if it was getting a better charge. If anyone has advanced knowledge about IC Circuit alternators and circuit charging or reference manuals please let me know. [email protected]
Mr. weekendwrench

Back