pontiac solstice gxp/saturn sky redline

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

WDoherty

Lightweight, rwd, turbocharged, direct injection, dual variable valve timing (both on intake and exhuast cams) 260hp stock from a 2.0 liter ecotech and 0-60 in 5.5 seconds. I think this is a cool idea even if it can be categorized as a chic car, there is definately technology and raw sport cabability packed into these roadsters. Another cool thing is i think the turbo versions are only about 3,500 more than the normal model coming to about 25,000, so you get alot for the money, 3,500 to go from n/a to a turbo built motor with direct injection, perfect tuning etc. is pretty awesome. So what do you think about these little cars, could they be miata, evo, wrx killers on the track, i wonder about power potential as well, i know people have pushed the ecotech pretty far, but i don't about the complexity of larger (direct injectors?) etc, opens up a new tuning world.

on stock non turbo trim, they are far from being Miata Killer.

the miata performs better, is better balanced, has better brakes, is lighter, more power and better suspension.

The turbo versions might be miata killers, but were's not playing the same game anymore.

do they still produce Speed miatas?

i don,t think they turbo'd the 2.0 liter engine. except for the old version in the protegéspeed.

here is the comparison video, but this is not the turbo gxp version that i am referring too. I remember though that the new mx-5 miata got pretty bad reviews in road and track last year and a miata doesn't look good to me while the pontiac looks like a cool shaply roadster instead of a go-cart.

To me, they started as a good idea. Unfortunately.... I'll take a Miata every day of the week.
Besides. It's too easy to turbo any stock miata for them not to save up the little bit it takes to get one going.

Back