Oil return position in motor from turbo?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

4000GT

Hey guys, where have you put your oil return line? Sump? block? Motor in place or taken out? Threaded connector or weld in? Cheers!

Just welded a steel -10 to the sump,took the sump off.

Attachments

• scotts ute 005.jpg
    scotts ute 005.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 263
  • scotts ute 006.jpg
    scotts ute 006.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 262
  • scotts ute 007.jpg
    scotts ute 007.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 263
  • scotts ute 008.jpg
    scotts ute 008.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 260
  • scotts ute 009.jpg
    scotts ute 009.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 260
  • scotts ute 010.jpg
    scotts ute 010.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 262
  • scotts ute 012.jpg
    scotts ute 012.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 259
In that location, I would weld a fitting on the front edge of the alloy section just below the bolt flange and ofset to one side of the crank pulley.

Just remember, you want the oil drain to be as steep and direct as possible to the pan. So being that the turbo is front and center, the drain location is best to be in the same area.

is there anything behind that location Lex? Easy to get to motor in the car? I want to avoid removing it if I can.

Its the smoothest part I could find.. Its tapped with nut and O ring on inside... I could have welded an alloy 15mm pipe....
Obviously this engine is out of car..
Yes there's about 4mm.. I would use O ring and silastic or 5 min araldite

4000GT,

XR example is from the LS400 or Celsior. The front sump is alot easier. However, rear sump is little harder because the you have very little space for drilling or tapping. Stevechumo did the same location as I did for his single.

On the front sump motors, there's evidently a lot more depth in the alloy pan up front as shown in XR8TT's photo. But Andrew, I think you have a rear sump motor like David, Steve & me, and as David said there's just not much depth in the upper alloy pan at the front of the motor. Here's a pic that shows that area, unfortunately not in great detail.

There's heaps of room on the side of the pan where you can see the -8 AN nipple I put in for my prelube system.

This an old picture but still the same location.
attachment.php

The side wall is very thin. So Markstoy helped me weld two 1/2" bungs to the pan (inside of the pan) for greater security.

you might be thinking about the oil pressure sender, not the oil level sender, the front sump engine has it on the righthand side of the engine.

You realy need the return above the windage tray...
As close to top of oil pan as you can..Alloy section...
If you can beside main bearing cap where there's no oil sling...

Back