No key to my LS400 That I just bought from a Tow yard

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

XT-1

Okay so my lexus LS400 has finally came about (swapping the V8 into my 4runner) this was a Towed car (abandoned) they have applied for the salvage title.

my dilemma is I have no key to begin to see if this car even runs or cranks over (it was abandoned for some reason?!) it will be awhile until the tow yard has a title and from there it will be awhile until I get one back in my name as well...............

I am needing to do something but I dont know where to begin (I know the dealer can make one with the VIN but they need the title in the name of the person who is reqeusting the key) I have a bill of sale but I am not going try that as I know they need a title or regiistration. what in the hell can I do now? I need to see if it even runs (well not need, but you know how it would feel to get a deal on a towed car and not even know what your starting out with)

Anxious to get Started but cant:rant:

*B*

Take out the ingnition and housing, then hot wire start it, or get another ignition with key and install......Screw driver might work too, but it will look like you stole the car...

Strip the interior trim off and unscrew the switch from the back of the ignition barrel then use a flat blade screwdriver in the switch to start it.

The steering lock will still be engaged, so don't feel tempted to go for a drive.

Call the Lexus dealer near you and give them the VIN # off your keyless LS400 car...Then have them order a replacement key for your car, the dealerships can produce replacement keys for a fee......

That may get pricey though....

It isnt some fancy schmancy security key or anything?
you guys know more about these than I do (the toyota trucks/4runners can be done like mentioned above(by Phreak)- remove switch on opposite side of key lock cylinder) the truck are "run/start only like that, no steering as well....

So the lexus is the same set up as that? a switch attached to the opposite side of the lock, no need for the key just to start and run? is this one of those wierd looking "laser" cut keys like my 92 sc400 that I just bought?

AFAIK, only the later models (98+) had transponder keys but I always get caught out on the JDM/USDM differences

Back