Neutral Start Switch

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

redsunbeam

I've put the engine and gearbox out of an sc400 in my rover p5b. I'm just doing the last of the wiring - i want to use the neutral start switch on the gearbox but cant find a point to wire it to. I was going to make the NSW connection on the ecu +12v and use the output from the neutral switch to feed the coil of the start relay. NSW connection is found, where is IL1 connection or is there a sensible point in the loom to break into?

150512002.jpg

Random wiring related picture. Every post should have a picture.

I wire up the NSW for starter and obviously reverse lamps, The rest is only for gear position indicator lamps on the SC/LS. You do need to wire up the O/D switch, mode switch and kick down. Always liked the P5B esp the Coupe

IL1 has eluded me so i thought i would go back to the selector switch on the gearbox, have metered all the wires out, all positions back to display, white and black wire joins NSW, but the black that shouldnt? be connected to anything is metering to earth. Is there anything else on this circuit?

I have the factory wiring diagrams which may help you. Send me a pm with your e-mail addy and I'll happily send them to you

E-mail sent. I've included engine wiring and also ECU pinouts for you. I think that the black "That shouldn't be connected" may be the start signal for the ECU but once you print off the diagrams you should be able to work it all out.

Also if you want to run the original Smiths speedo (cable driven) I may have a way of doing that

Back