need help wont start.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

NZ_V8farmer

Ive got a 1991 1uzfe in a hilux, engine died on me one day and hasnt started since. waiting to take to pro as i want to elimnate as many probs as possible. well ive changed the plugs and checked the leads and ive now discovered today by having right tools that im getting no spark at all and no signal to the injecters. my help who is a machanic but has no experience with these motors and no manual thinks there an ecu prob or crank sensor prob. how can i check either? Ive got no way to do diagnosis haw can i remidy this?

Thanks all

it turns over but it wont start, fuel pump full time so that comes on ofcourse but from the test units we used we know there no signal going to any injecter, dont know if recieving but the coils arent sending and no spark anywere. would the crank senser stop those signals? were is it and how can it be tested?

This is on standard management isn't it? It could be a ECU problem or crank angle / cam angle senser problem but as with most conversions more likely to be due to poor wiring. Grab some wiring diagrams and check power supplies , that the main relay (if used) is switching. Crank angle is at the front of the motor low down on the left below the crank pully. Check resistance and then crank the motor with a multimeter connected between the terminals - it should produce a small a/c voltage like 0.5 volts . Cam sensors can be checked the same way. Any mechanic good with efi and an osiloscope should be able to check most sensors these days. I hope to go trail riding down that way next weekend and could collect it and sort it if you wanted - cheers Kelvin

If the injectors aren't firing I would check to see you have 12volts at the injectors.

The injectors are always under power and they are fired by the ECU completing the earth circuit.

THe earth return is unlikely to be the problem as that would be in the original loom and wouldn't need to be touched when doing the instal.

Help has arrived

I was helping down that way so I collected NZ Farmers Ute. Towed it back to the workshop. Two hour drive towing and still hit top gear most of the way. It's one good looking ute but rather heavy. I also had my offroad motor bike and gear in the van. Notice in the background the fencing for the V8's which is racing past our shop in 3 weeks time. Cheers

how much it pull the fuel gauge down? it looks better when ive got the roll bar on the back, youve been really helpfull thanks kelvin.

I was helping down that way so I collected NZ Farmers Ute. Towed it back to the workshop. Two hour drive towing and still hit top gear most of the way. It's one good looking ute but rather heavy. I also had my offroad motor bike and gear in the van. Notice in the background the fencing for the V8's which is racing past our shop in 3 weeks time. Cheers

Can I book a seat in the beer tent Kelvin? wow what a spot to watch the supercars from.

Sorry!! :hijacked:

Ken.

If your'e up call in for a while. There is going to be a debris barrier to the top of the fence so we have a plan to get above it - 10 metre sissor lift. Looking forward to the racing but also looking forward to when it's over and the area goes back to normal.

Back to the ute - now goes - couple of hours checking and found a few wiring problems. Next it will have a day of wiring to tidy it up and do things like wire the oxygen sensors. We are also going to improve the exhaust to make it more acceptable. Cheers

Back