My 1UZ in Bangkok

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

kiwi_bkk

Just bought this 1UZ,front sump with ECU ,auto for my project TA22 Celica, changed the oil,spark plugs, cam belt,water pump, removed the power steer pump,now i gotta deal with those damn mosquitos,come 5pm just cant do it, too itchy!!

Thanks Lex, i see that my engine doesn't have a cold start injector on the side of the intake, it normally mounts there right?

Cheers

The EGR mounts on the side and you're fortunate to not have it.

Nice safety boots you're wearing.

Don't drop the engine off that table or you won't be driving for a while!

Thanks guys, 2 more new things ive learnt about the 1UZ today already Cheers .I have used 2 scissor type jacks 1 under each engine mount for added safety, yes i should wear safety boots, i wear them on the oil rig, should practice safety at home too. maybe less mozzie bites too!!

My Thai Made Toyota Vios

Have added a pic, i think its a Yaris in Ozzie, also a pic of my Soarer(1jzGte) in New Zealand, that i havent driven in 3 years!!, would like to Import it here to Bangkok, But Thai Taxes=300% so its not worth doing!

For anyone who lives in Bangkok, i got my 1UZ from Chiang Kong, 25000 Thai Baht, complete Engine,auto,Ecu,Ignitiers,AFM,Auto Shifter intank Pump, there must be at least 100 engine shops there, its crazy,also saw many many many 1jzgte(vvti) 2jzgte, 2jzgte were going for 45000thai baht, also Benz v8's and many N/A 1jz 2jz, i felt like my 1st time in a go go bar. awesome place!!

I have started the engine on the table and it runs fine, i saw how the guys did it in the shop.so i got a fuel can with an inbuilt pump, connected the airflow and igniters, and battery My question is about the Wiring loom its huge, and its got many relays and fuse boxes still attached to it, are these all needed?? will post some pics in the weekend, Thanks

Forgot to ask, does anyone have or know of a belt part number for 1uz not running power steering? ive kept everything else on it , alternator and A/C and hydraulic fan pump pulley. thanks

Forgot to ask, does anyone have or know of a belt part number for 1uz not running power steering? ive kept everything else on it , alternator and A/C and hydraulic fan pump pulley. thanks

Nice clean motor you got yourself there!
Ta22? Dear god man! Now that I want to see!

I just cut the orginal belt an then routed it how I wanted it and
then cut the excess were they meet, to give me a rough idea on a
belt measure. Piece of string tied would work as rough guide.

If you can't find something even close, you could change the
position of the alt with the P/S with a custom stud and spacer
and bracket to obtain different lengths...may be even go to the
lengths as to experiment with different sized pulley diameters.

When I did Hilux I had similar belt size issue, but I didn't run P/S or A/C

I know this is all types of wrong, but I was given only 3
belt sizes to choice from that were even close out of the
entire Bosch and Gates ranges. They were 6PK1100 and
6PK1085, which were way too big, and 6PK1040 which fitted,
but only if I ran it like this, using the Alt as the tensioner
and Oil pump gutted as a idler. It works well. No noise from
any bearings as yet.

Belt

Hi Thanks for the reply, id really like to run no A/C ,but it be way too hot here, id have enough time for 1 skid then id have to get some air haha!!

Thanks for your help, maybe i could run the p/s pump with fluid in it, but not hooked up to anything?????

Cheers

troy

I dont think im gonna find 3 1gz-fe's hahaha, but i will look. i wonder what the power would be like from a 1GZ-FE?? 481nm of torque, so smooth!

Hi Thanks for the reply, id really like to run no A/C ,but it be way too hot here, id have enough time for 1 skid then id have to get some air haha!!

Thanks for your help, maybe i could run the p/s pump with fluid in it, but not hooked up to anything?????

Cheers

troy

The internals of the oil pump come out easy, 4 bolts for the pulley,
4 bolts on the housing and the internals just slip off the shaft.

Back