measuring calipers

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Tacoma_Kyle

Not the car calipers this time.

I need a 18" measuring caliper. Anyone know of a good company that sells them fro around a hundred bucks? I see they can be cheap as hell, which makes me question their quality, or expensive as hell.

Anyone have a set that work well cheap or not---just so I have a little feedback in terms of quality?

Wow Kyle, you're in for a major hit if you need those for only one use. Maybe there's an industrial machine shop around you that would rent you theirs?

I have a couple sets of small calipers, one is by Fowler (American, but true origin unknown), goes to 6", and I paid around $80 for them from McMaster Carr. The other is Chinese, goes to 8" and I paid around $50 for them locally at the "Lucky Moon Tool Club" 'cause I was in a bind one day.

The Fowler set is great, and gives the same results as the high end Starrett's that an engine building buddy uses. The Chinese ones give dubious results which are sometimes off by a thousandth or two.

You can also get a caliper extension kit, that can be added onto your existing 6" calipers. Do a search on the McMaster Carr website: www.mcmaster.com for their P/N: 85635A11, which will extend the jaws out to 26"

Ok cool thanks man, I will when I get off work.

I know I will use them more down the road---I'm only 21 and this is like my first real large car project.

Back