Master power T70

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

dwhe009

Anyone have any experience with this turbo on a 1uzfe?

Lextreme, in your Project LS400T you seem to have a T70 with a 0.68A/R turbine and it comes on boost from 2-4k ... then all of a sudden in this article and thread you have a Garrett GT40 with Precision .68 T04E Housing and it comes on boost at 1500rpm?

I'm a little confused whether the results you posted are with the T70 turbo?

I am looking to purchase the T70 and really want to know what A/R turbine i should get?

0.68 or .82?

I have stock motor, large intercooler waiting and are looking to run 12-15psi.

Cheers for any help.

so 0.68 a/r turbine is the one you had and experienced boost first coming on at 2000rpm and 6psi at 3000 and 12psi at 4000rpm? did you then change turbo and why?

I got a really good deal on it thinking Garrett was a better turbo. However, MP is very good. Should have saved my money....

T70 is good.

Hi i have fitted a t70 to a 1uz about 2 years ago and have had no trouble with it only running 7 psi with race 2 weekends out of every month has been fault less good reliable power though the exhaust manifolds i made are another problem. I think the key to getting good early boost with them is a good large exhaust system 3.5 " or 4" i changed from a 3" straight thru system to a 4" straight thru system of much the same style. and it just comes on boost so hard now and a good 700 rpm earlier. so bigger is best when sizing a turbo exhaust.

cheers both of you.

But what turbine housings do you have and what rpm does it come on?

200sx-v8 "Now I use a Hks T51R Kai turbo, and that does not spool much later than the t70." - ok, so when?

ozvenom "nd it just comes on boost so hard now and a good 700 rpm earlier"
- ok, so what rpm?

I am trying to get specific information to decide whether to use a 0.84 or 0.68 turbine.

Thanks

It's a while since I had this turbo, so it's a bit unclear in memory. But I think it was between 3000-3500 the boost came.

I would say that the .68 housing would be the best for a stock engine. The heads will be a restriction before the turbine housing. But I'm no turbo expert in any way.

Street application. Standard heads. Modified standard exhaust headers, 4'' exhaust after turbo. 3" piping through 600mm x 300mm x 76mm intercooler. Upgraded injectors. Link ecu. Hoping for around 500hp at 15psi.

200sx-v8 It's a while since I had this turbo, so it's a bit unclear in memory. But I think it was between 3000-3500 the boost came. - so did you have the 0.68 housing?

Back