LSD in UCF10 LS?? lets brainstorm...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

spf_lexus

My 91 is a hair away from getting its cetrifrugal SC and this means much more spin that im experiencing right now... which is pretty bad in N/A already. I will have stickier, wider rubber on my 19x8.5's but I thought instead of spending money on custom porsche sized tires, why not investigate the limits of swapping or fabbing an LSD in this heavy SOB. I asked david and he said it wasnt do-able sicne the SC/supra LSD wont swap. I was looking into welding the diff only to forget it for safety reasons. If its somehow to take a stock (preferably spare) 3rd mem and diff and find a compatable swap I would spend a grip looking into it. This baby would really be able to take on some hard customers with that kind of grip. Anyone heard of this being done to ANY LS400? I might go buy a spare 3rd mem if I can get some more info to start making this work. Any help appreciated,

sean

been told any g series lsd centre will be a straight swap (centre only) from the likes of a cressida,supra,hilux ect

hmm, so if you have a "G" series then your fine? because I understand your statement but dont know wether I have this series or not...

I was just on soarer forum and I guess the supra TT diff wont bolt up to an SC400 but a standard supra diff will. I guess the TT is bigger than regular.

The lsd itself will fit in your housing and you may be able to use the axles as well. The 3rd member is different

Yeah, if you have a G series, then any G series Diff will fit at least from what I've seen but this is just the Diff, not the gears or the housing but from my understanding, some of the housings and gear sets are interchangeable too, but I have not confirmed this to be true.

Side note: Yes the TT supra's did get a different / bigger rear end and thus not interchangeable with anything except maybe the tundra's or other heavy duty trucks.

Well admittedly there are only a few differences. The bearing size is probably different depending on which centre you have . The offset is different but you can machine it to fit which would weaken the centre . And you could bore out the axle holes to fit the irs axles which would weaken where the bearing fits on the centre. Provided you can cope with this you are cackling. Personally I would not bother.
Just in case you misunderstood my post above (#5) I was referring to the Soarer and Supra A series centre.

i wouldnt bother with all that machining either, its just i was under the impression it was a straight fit bar ratios above 4.6

Ok so in other words im sorta screwed? I was hearing that the 98 LS has a diff that accepts an LSD. I woukd have to converto the entire rear sub frame but I might be down to try this one day.

Anyone know if a newer LS subframe swaps out for ucf10?

Ok so in other words im sorta screwed? I was hearing that the 98 LS has a diff that accepts an LSD. I woukd have to converto the entire rear sub frame but I might be down to try this one day.

Anyone know if a newer LS subframe swaps out for ucf10?

Why not just try the Supra/Soarer A series centre and axles in your housing?

I've recently been told the Aristo/GS300/GS400 complete diff bolts straight in to the Celsior/LS400 subframe.

I'm yet to clarify this so don't take it for gospel, but some Aristo's (2JZGTE JDM Ones) came with LSD.

this info is gold!!! thanks peewee. So if I buy the GS pumpkin w/ stock diff inside it "should" bolt in place? Then go from there and buy an LSD for the GS housing?

here are a few pictures for you
First is a JZS147 Aristo/ JZZ30 Soarer/ JZA80 Supra
Second is UCF10/11 Celsior
Third is UCF20/21 Celsior

Attachments

• crank holder (Medium).jpg
    crank holder (Medium).jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 12

Back