Ls400 temp guage only gos a little past 1/4

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

phillipguru

Im betting on the temp sensor since the rest of my guages are perfectly working. The temp guage rises as the car idles down and heats up but it just gos a bit past the 1/4 mark. My fan clutch is fine so i know its not over cooling. I was wonder where the temp sensor might be, is it in the thermostat housing? Is it in the coolant reservoir to the left of the cap?

Here is a pic of the engine bay please point me in the right direction, and if it is the sensor how much do you think it is? Sorry for being such an Ls4 1uzfe newbie but ive only had it for 2 weeks to the day hah

edit: i read a bit more, some people say the temp sensor is shot, some people say the 90 ls400s run at a really low temp reading normally, they arent supposed to get close to half way. I personally cant belive they would make a car that looks like its driving in 0 degree weather all the time. Your thoughts.

The temp sensor is located under the black plastic "bridge" at the front of the plenum. It's screwed into the water bridge to the left and to the rear of the thermostat. Don't mistake it for the air conditioning temp sensor or cold start sensor. It is a small 1/2" brass fitting screwed into the water bridge vertically.

I don't think it's faulty it sounds pretty normal.

Air Con temp sensor?
Eh?

The single wire one is for the guage.
The Green 2 wire one is for the ECU.
The Brown 2 wire one is for the CSI.

Back