LS400 needs more power

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

kinggrimwood

I understand that a 4.0L v8 has lots of potential.
I can't find any information on the internet about how to increase horsepower to make my v8 quicker. I would like to know any and all suggestions on what i can do to make my car quicker, and if it's not too much trouble to let me know where to buys parts and how much they are.
thanks to anyone that replies.
Jeremiah

What year car?

All 1UZFEs need better exhaust starting with the manifold. I would suggest that this is the cheapest upgrade.

The best intakes are on the 1998+ engines but interchangeability is not confirmed.

Upgraded camshafts are available but expensive.

Porting the cylinder heads and running a tuneable ECU and raising the RPM.

I have a single turbo header system that was made by Lextreme himself. Your car would be much faster with a nice big single turbo sitting in it : D

Yes, there is very little out there for the first gen LS400 and that is why we are all here. Honestly you can modify intake and exhaust systems all you want, but you will only get a marginal increase in performance. If you are happy with that, then you’re set. I think a simple bolt on turbo setup is relatively inexpensive for the dramatic increase in performance you will get. I played with my LS fabricating short and full cold air intakes and trying different exhaust systems and it was fun and it added a taste of performance to the car. I wanted the car to be fast though and that is why I was going turbo. I sent you a PM about the headers. Welcome to the site!

Back