LS400 flex disc ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I'm after a Flex disc for a 1992-1994 Celsior / LS400.

Part number 37511-50040

I have had several failed attempts at purchase, items no longer in stock etc.

I did replace it recently but used an aftermarket one, and it started cracking after only a few hundred k's.

Ideas for new one ? replacement brands ? OEM only ?

Cheers.

Thanks for that.

Can you comment on their quality verse OEM ? Just don't want to be doing this again anytime soon. The one i bought from the US looked fine, but obviously wasn't up to spec.

Not from personal experience, but Hardy Spicer are known for supplying parts to many car/truck companies that are then on-sold as genuine. Its a brand I would trust.

If the aftermarket one you used started cracking, I'd guess its either very old stock (and the rubber has hardened over time), or it was just a cheap knock off. It also depends on your application... drifting, clutch kicks, etc are going to hammer any coupling. Also, if you are turbo/supercharged, it may not be strong enough to handle the power.

Hi,

Thanks again for the part number you supplied. Spot on, correct per my original part I had.

Anyway, I ended up seeing the part you supplied GAG03-001-0 was actually a BA-BF falcon Flex Disc.

So went to Mackay Rubber, bought one for a BA-BF falcon, used for 6, V8, and turbo ute's so should be up to spec.

For reference Mackay Rubber part : DC6069 ($66.90 at Supercheap Auto)

You are correct, aftermarket one I bought must have simply been a cheap knock off, eBay US.

Glad to hear you got it sorted, and that there are decent units readily available.
Interesting that its the same part number for the Falcon... Should be able to handle the power of 1UZ easily.

Back