Looking for a good cheap LSD

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

6spdSC4

I saw this on yahoo japan for kinda cheap but I'm just starting to look into getting a new diff. Anyone have any suggestions as to a good LSD that I can bolt into my SC4? Would a TT Supra diff work?

Also, I forgot to add, I'm looking for a new set of rear taillights (as mine have gotten a lovely bit of moisture in them) and was on that japan yahoo a while back and saw a set of great looking taillights for the SC. They were all red on the top and completely white on the bottom(Kinda like ***. 300zx lights if you know nissans) Anyone know of anywhere I can get a set for cheap?

isn't that the colour scheme for the late model tail lights??

as for the diff, i think a TT supra (93-96.5)one would require a little bit of work to bolt on... nothing majour though...
93-96.5 TT used B03 diff centre 3.2ish ratio
96-02 TT used A03 diff centre slightly different ratio... only slightly.

im curious, is your sc a TT or a v8? and do you have a v160 in it?

Nope, she's completely stock...well BFI, oh and my friends thought it would be funny to take my exhaust off my car when I was passed out on the floor (some wonderful guys LOL) so until tonight I'm running open cat.

well, maybe one day you can have your 6spd sc400, hehe...

anyhow, im quite sure you can bolt in the a03 torsen LSD from the 96.5-02 supra TT's
there was also an a02 LSD from the n/a mk4 that had a lower ratio.... cant remember if it was a 3.5 or a 3.8..... probably the latter....
the b03 from the 93-96.5 mk4 will require the rear tailshaft along with the driveshafts as they are different length.....

all this info can be double checked on ALSC... those guys know everything soarer related.

I think Pete Scott or one of the Planet Soarer guys did this and posted a tech article on PS about it.

So the a03 should be a direct bolt-in? Thanks for the help guys!

Attachments

• Resize of 100_0854.JPG
    Resize of 100_0854.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 97
it SHOULD bolt in..... but don't take my word for it.... hop onto ALSC and do a quick search....you'll find definate answers there.

ok i just had a look around a few places...

from what i can gather, either of the a series diff centres will work on the soarer..... the b series will need the tailshaft and driveshafts also.

a01 = non lsd 4.11
a02 = lsd 3.8
a03 = torsen lsd 3.27 (mk4 supra 96.5-2002 models even though supra's were out of prouction in america after 98)

these will all fit the soarer.... best bet is the a03, though i dont know if you'll be able to find one cheap.... here in oz, they're rare... dunno about stateside though...

Back