GT40 Replica for sale in Australia

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
<drool> Rod, would it be too much trouble to fit that in, along with the rod sets and the rest of your baggage when you come to the UK? :veryhappy

John

I had a bit of a read and a potential buyer asked some good questions and it turns out it isn't a spot on replica.

For starters it uses bolt on wheels rather than the correct centrelock Halibrands.

Still looks nice and not bad buying.

In Australia you could buy it and register it on "concessional rego" which provides limited use (but enough for a GT40) and it doesn't have to pass any real tests as it is over 30 years old.

Right, apparently a number of "replicas" are still being built with normal wheel studs and lugnuts, and this diminishes their values at resale. It's a pity because Vintage wheel make a complete conversion kit for the pin drives and knockoffs, as well as making the "replica" Halibrands or BRM's.

Maybe a more correct description of this car, and other similar ones would be "Silhouettes", not replicas.

I would much prefer to have one of these powered by an aluminum DOHC motor like the Lexus, with EFI and a modern EMS, driving through a contemporary transaxle with good synchros like the Porsche G50, along with amenities like air conditioning, etc., but keep the external appearance faithful to the GT40, including the knockoff Halibrands, etc.

So for me, a silhouette car would be preferable to a true replica.

John

Back