Gearbox controllers

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

andrewswe

Hi,

Has anyone got any expereince of using a gearbox controller on an LS400 trans?

If so the good the bad and the ugly expereinces would be welcome.

Cheers

A.:eek:

suprastick - very basic, works ok most of the time, will only work with cable line pressure trans
PCS TCM2000 - advanced, costly, support is crappy, works with any trans

Hi,

Thanks for that,

What is a cable line pressure trans? Is that the one with the pull cable for throttle opening?

Thanks

Andrew

Man I get funny looks when people say "kick down cable" and I correct them to "line pressure cable". They seem to look at me for a while like I have two heads or something. Often I say "Ill explain later , you just keep calling it a kick down cable" and they seem so relieved.

Hi All
This cable, I have this from the throttle to the gearbox, I have a Spitronic engine and gearbox ECU's to fit, do I just disconnect this cable or do I need to keep it.
Second question is, Will the LS 460 (2008) gearbox fit onto a 1994 1UZ-FE, don't to loose the auto Trans.

Alan

Keep the cable or you will not get a line pressure increase with throttle.

fitting a ls460 trans... anything is possible... esay... probably not...

Hi All
So does this mean after market controllers that do this from the ECU will still work with this cable, is there a electronic way to replace the cable unit.

Alan

I have just fitted Spitronics to my LS400 powered 37 Chev. Works great once you get your head around how they explain things. I have tried to get a thread going on the Spitronics but seems like not many users on this Forum

Back