fuel pump / filter setup

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ads4095

This is the setup I am planning on using for my motor swap (40 sereis 2F > EFI Lexus 1UZ V8 ). Can anyone see any problems with this? Will i need a low pressure lift pump between the tank and the filter?

DSC02824web.jpg

the filter is generally placed after the pump, also pumps should be placed as close to the fuel level as possable. or lower.

Cheers, what is the benefit of running the filter after the pump? My thinking was to have it before so that the cleanest fuel possible goes through the pump so i dont damage the pump... i'm not sure though??

EFI high pressure pumps are a roller type pump and will not 'suck' through the restriction of a filter.

Ok thanks guys, I think I am now going to run a surge tank in this setup like in the below picture...

running a filter before a pump will promote cavitation. most roller pumps will be able to handle quite a bit of foreign debris without any problem.

running a surge tank would be a good idea.

This as I have found out was the problem with our set up.
The car has a fuel cell with pick ups in the top of the tank. the set up was fuel pump lower then the tank, then the filter to the engine, problem would stave for fuel. Would not pick up quick enough. Now have a surge tank, problem solved. This problem gave all the diagnosis of an electrical fault as the engine would only run on a few cyclinders.

Hope this helps other that run after market tanks / fuel cells

Cheers

Hey mate,

If its a small fuel system under 500hp of so, what you can do is either just run a wlabro intake fuel pump then just add a new fuel filter sometime before the fuel rail.
If is a really small system yes you could run a low pressure pump before the surge tank, then off your surge tank run the VL pump (which it looks like)then you run the filter after the pumps.The reason is when your pump shits itself the filter catches the crap.

On big set-ups you should run a filter before the surge tank also, i would just run a low pressure filter with the low pressure pump then the surge tank idea.

hope this helps.
Cheers

Back