Engine Won't Rev more then 2200 rpm

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

I recently take our the split second and ready to sell it to install a stand alone into my LS400. When I put back the stock ecu (251 SC400 injectors also). The car is idle little rich due to larger injectors and Walboro pump. However, I have difficulty reving beyond 2,200 rpm. Perhaps my ecu connection is little off. Which wire does anyone know? I guess I have to trace it back and see.

I recently take our the split second and ready to sell it to install a stand alone into my LS400. When I put back the stock ecu (251 SC400 injectors also). The car is idle little rich due to larger injectors and Walboro pump. However, I have difficulty reving beyond 2,200 rpm. Perhaps my ecu connection is little off. Which wire does anyone know? I guess I have to trace it back and see.

Hi,

I just read the article in another thread about the speedo head in Lexus vehicles not allowing the engine to rev freely, ie the car has to be moving to enable the full rev range to be used.

Could this be your problem?

Cheers,

Tony

Hi,

I just read the article in another thread about the speedo head in Lexus vehicles not allowing the engine to rev freely, ie the car has to be moving to enable the full rev range to be used.

Could this be your problem?

Cheers,

Tony

I think thats what the artical was actually hinting at, that the car physically needs to be moving to be able to let the engine rev past that mark otherwise if the car is stationary it will limit the engine in the rev range.

But that doesn't necessarily mean this is the problem you are having....

Found the problem. It was one of the wires from the MAF. Its the Yellow with green stripe. After reconnect the MAF wire, the engine rev very free.

Back