Do you blow or suck?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

4000GT

Radiator fans... I need to sort one, I like the idea of a big blow setup as it means more engine bay room. But are they any good? What have you done?

Attachments

• 2006_0806flywheel0002med.JPG
    2006_0806flywheel0002med.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 77
blow, meaning, mounted in front of the radiator?

what about the FMIC? and the AC condensor for that matter?

and everything else? lol

and, what do you need the extra room in the engine bay for anyway? :p

yes infront of the radiator fan version...

I dont have a FMIC (using WTA IC's), dont have AC either.

Need the space for twins or a T51R. I dont want them melting! haha plus space for piping will be tight.

The best solution (room allowing) is suck.

You will notice OEM installations always suck the air and the radiator is well shrouded. I could be proven wrong here, but I sure can't think of any vehicle with a front mounted fan except the Citroen 2CV and it was a dinasour.

The fan doesn't live inside the shroud it must protrude from the shroud for maximum efficiency.

Air conditioning fans are mounted out front as ther isn't room behind the radiator to fit them as there is always another fan there.

Google would bring up some interesting Sites with a lot more information.

I don't blow or suck...But she does:blowjob:

Sorry man I coundn't resist... The norm is sucking in air with cooling fans...Sucking air thru the radiator when the fans are mounted on the engine side of the radiator...Like all stock setup Lexus's...

If blowing air thru the front of the radiator with fans were more productive then more car manufactures would be going in that direction...

Just my take on it...

yeah I know about shrouding and sucking is more common... but since I want the space the question is, will blowing be sufficient!? :boggled:

Hmmmmm may just try it and datalog the result and see what happens.

So is blowing sufficient? Thats the question. I can do either, but I want to blow if I can get away with it.

You can see a little of one of the fans in this picture
turbo%20in%20bay4.JPG

Many of our conversions have the fans on the front due to lack of room on the other side. We have not had a problem yet. Cheers

Dual Flex-a-lite fans are like 2" thick and cool fantastic... That's what I got on my SC4...These fans really don't take up too much room at all...

Something to consider.... Man I cannot get my pictures to post, what is going on??????????

Back