do i need these wires to run engine?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

zen

ok..its time to wire up the engine..(1995 1uz-fe into old range rover)

i have studied the wiring dia of this model (1995 ls400) its the same as the 1996 dias shown on this site.i have dia for 1991 which wires to use..ie crude version using ign,sta,B+,+b1,nsw,w etc...

now 1995 is differentish, so i need to confirm a couple of things...(oh i am going twin speed fuel pump as its real easy to do.)ecu is 34,16,22,28pin)

a)i still do not need to connect up secondary o2 sensors..?(will the ecu throw out fault codes, if it does whats the voltage it will be looking for from them at correct air/fuel mixture?so i can make up a dongle to fool ecu)
b)nsw goes to +12 on start.
c)its safe to lift the +12v to injectors (as will be dual fuel ie lpg) or will this cause the ecu to throw out fault codes?
d)the power pin (pwr)on the 28 pin plug which has 12v applied when power/normal switch operated is to control the auto box only??or does it change the engine map as well???
e)vapour pressure switch..what does this do..mine appears to still be attached to the now crushed donar car...do i need it?

thanks

secondary o2s are purely for usa based cars or ecus etc etc

u can cut the 12v to injectors but its not that easy
u need to lift up covers and find the join so u dont cut the power to the coils and ignitors

ok..its time to wire up the engine..(1995 1uz-fe into old range rover)

i have studied the wiring dia of this model (1995 ls400) its the same as the 1996 dias shown on this site.i have dia for 1991 which wires to use..ie crude version using ign,sta,B+,+b1,nsw,w etc...

now 1995 is differentish, so i need to confirm a couple of things...(oh i am going twin speed fuel pump as its real easy to do.)ecu is 34,16,22,28pin)

a)i still do not need to connect up secondary o2 sensors..?(will the ecu throw out fault codes, if it does whats the voltage it will be looking for from them at correct air/fuel mixture?so i can make up a dongle to fool ecu)
b)nsw goes to +12 on start.
c)its safe to lift the +12v to injectors (as will be dual fuel ie lpg) or will this cause the ecu to throw out fault codes?
d)the power pin (pwr)on the 28 pin plug which has 12v applied when power/normal switch operated is to control the auto box only??or does it change the engine map as well???
e)vapour pressure switch..what does this do..mine appears to still be attached to the now crushed donar car...do i need it?

thanks

Hi Zen,

No need to connect up 2nd set of o2 sensors car will run fine without.

NSw to 12v on start is correct.

Dont know if you can cut power to injectors seperately

From my experience the power button just changes the change up rev limit, I've not detected any change in engine performance.

Is the vapour pressure switch something to do with the charcoal canister scavenging the fuel tank in original car? As its gone I wouldnt worry about it.

Cheers,

Tony

Back