Difference between 10:1 and 10.4:1 1uz motors

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

halcyon

Anyone know what changes were made OTHER than the pistons and connecting rods to up the compression between the 10:1 and 10.4:1 motors. I have a 10.4:1 block and a set of 10:1 heads that i am looking to put together. I cannot find any information online about this particular setup. I also have access to a set of 10:1 pistons that I'd prefer to use if there is no fundamentals changes to the block that would prevent me from doing so. IF i can use the stronger 10:1 pistons, would I also need to source a crankshaft or would the high compression crankshaft work? I do not think the crankshaft matters, and I am thinking this would all work just fine, just I wanted to talk to some smarter folks and get the warm fuzzy feeling that I am just overthinking this here before i waste a gasket rebuild kit.

I've read through every single article there, I see mention that the 10:1 rods are interchangable with the 3uz pistons. Is this what you wanted me to read? I am assuming what I specifically want to do is okay.

im not sure, but i think the compression difference comes from the piston. The 10.4 has a smaller dish in the piston. I had both a 10.4 and a 10.0 motor apart, and heads looked identical, but piston domes were a little different. I will have a look again and get back to you..

Back