Devices to convert the 1uz into Waste Spark?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Megasquirt or Other aftermarket ECU.

Otherwise it could be possible with some custom electronics etc but by time you mess around with that then you would be better off with a new ecu.

I removed the std distributors - fitted a 4 sets of double ended coils from a mazda miata 2 pairs per bank mounted on 90degree ally bits on the front of each bank (oem used wasted spark) - then fitted a MSD DIS 4 to fire the coils - then I fitted a EMS PRO SPECTRE ECU - which is a fully built and featured Megasquirt with 4 ignition outputs to give the wasted spark - then I bought metres and metres of MSD plug wire and boots and made custom wires - sounds like a lot of work and cash but it is so worth it ! I have more spark than I could ever dream of

to run wasted spark you will need an ecu with at least 4 outputs - If I were to do this again I would use ford edis ignition components intended for a v8 and coils - to do coil on plug is a bit tricky for me here in Africa - as our breakers yards arent as well stocked as yours - people keep cars running for ever here !

Intersetingly I run 22.5psi boost on the standard UZ distributors and coils.

Am I missing something?

I was quite happy to use the std stuff but it all needed to be replaced - only had one coil, no ignitors and the caps were cracked along with pitted rotors and damaged wires - would of cost me as much to replace as the msd box to get oem going again - so easy choice to go cdi

Back