Decent Torque Converter

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

dicko

Hi,

New around here, i'm in oz and have yet to find a scene for LS400s.

Anyway i'm taking mine off the road for a bit and was hoping to replace the torque converter during this time. I have no power from takeoff or low rpm, can be a pain in the ass in slip lanes when you need to get in front of other cars quickly, and i was wondering if a refined torque converter would help this issue. I'm pretty sure the Auto is fine, no problems with shifting of any sort, just a sort of delayed power, if you know what i mean.

Anybody in Ausrtalia sell this sort of thing? Shipping from America will be a bit of a bitch, but i'll pay it if i have to.

Cheers for the help,
Dicko

It's a bit more than the torque converter.
ECU pulls out spark and modulates gearbox pressure on quick throttle movement and gearchanges, 'can't upset the passengers'. LS is a luxury vehicle after all.

Try adjusting what looks like a kick down cable, it also modulates gearbox/torque converter pressure.

yeah i have a fair idea of how the whole thing works and i'm pretty sure this particular thing is the torque converter. This website supposedly does a reconditioning service - is that still offered or is it old news? Also did a search on the issue and found the Dragon TC by Precision Industries, NOT cheap but if this is a better option than reconditioning / strengthening it might be the way to go.

I'll also be replacing the Rear main and front main seals and gearbox oil strainer while i have it out, i can do a write up if anyone would find it useful.

Back