Crown or Century or something else

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1UZ-HZ

I'm a few months away from paying off my Commondore oops I meant Commodore, and I'm looking at another large car, I had a look at www.justjaps.com and there was a Crown Royal Saloon and a Century, they both are awesome prices. The Crown $9,995 with 72,000kays and 6 months rego and the Century is $7,995 with rego. The only problems I can think of is if something goes wrong I got no one that can fix it, especially the earlier Century with the 4.0L hemi, which is even lesser known then the 1uz in Australia. Anyone own one of these cars? Or know much about any problems with them?

There's an '85 Century in Unique Cars at the moment. $12,900.00 133,000klm.

It's a QLD car.

Patrs would be a real problem.

Found another Century for you.

Victorian car '87 model, 90,000 klms. $14,500. phone 0418 388 388.

Why not ring and talk to them, they can tell you about parts availability.

Thanks for the help Zuffen, looking at the crown, does it use the same airbag setup the V8 Soares have? Would that mean if there was problems with suspension I could use Soarer parts, or is it totally different?

apparently 5MGE parts are readily interchangeable.
i've only ever heard of the pistons being compatible, but hey do your homework first.

You could probably pick up a good Toyota Celsior for about 15k complied. Take a look at www.planetsoarer.com. Karl in Adelaide brings them into Aus. These cars are exactly the same as the LS400 Lexus. Parts are not a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cobra said:
You could probably pick up a good Toyota Celsior for about 15k complied. Take a look at www.planetsoarer.com. Karl in Adelaide brings them into Aus. These cars are exactly the same as the LS400 Lexus. Parts are not a problem.

Yes, true. (We imported ours in March of this year). There are some hassles involved (depending in which state you live), but the car shares many components with the local LS (while adding a few more features), and the 1UZ is, as was stated previously, much better understood than the earlier V8s.

Oh, and the chances of the air-bag suspension setup on an early Crown being the same as a Soarer one are not good, unfortunately...

As a suggestion, try and look for an "optioned up" UCF10-model Celsior. (Coil spring model).

Thanks guys! I was really after the Century for PIMP reasons, anyone seen the editor of HPI magazines Century? It looks slick, but hey I could always have a LS400T like some other dude in this forum LOL

If you want to see how good an LS400 can look check out the photos section of this Site for the socal meet.

The white LS400 is DUMPED into the weeds. That thing would get gravel rash standing still.

Whilst it may be almost undrivable it does look cool.

1UZ-MX83 said:
There are some hassles involved (depending in which state you live), but the car shares many components with the local LS (while adding a few more features)
What problems would there be about getting a "Celisior" registered (I will be buying next year at the earilist so the non-compliance 15yr rule will be in affect for a early 1990 model) in NSW, the RTA website?

Get the RTA to send you a list of their approved engineers in a PDF. Contact one and have a chat.

They are all pretty sane people.

(I will be buying next year at the earilist so the non-compliance 15yr rule will be in affect for a early 1990 model) in NSW, the RTA website?

Don't believe everything you read on a Govt. web-site...

Even under the 15-year rule, various compliance issues still need to be addressed, such as child seat restraints, side-impact intrusion bars (which the Celsiors have), seat belts must lock on impact (I had to replace mine because they only locked under braking). The RTA will generally make life as difficult as possible when you go to register the thing. (Even my father had issues when trying to register the car in NSW...After I had done all the engineering etc and the car had been registered here in the ACT!)

Back