???Cold start timer switch question???

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

lill daddy

Hey ya guys,

So for awhile now my conversion has had a cold start issue where it runs "rough" for about 3 seconds on start up, after the initial start in the morning it then runs and starts fine... I replaced the coolant temp sender (Green plug) with no change...

So my question is can i unplug the cold start timer switch and just loop the wires and try do a cold start to rule it out??? My concern it that the switch doesn't just complete the circuit but provides a resistance reading for the ecu?

any hoo any help appreciated... as always :)

Cheers
Adam

So have worked out its a resistance value the ecu sees to trigger the cold start injector... 7k ohms.... and it is my switch thats poked... I really dont like the look of the price for a oem one :(

Just pick up a used one.

They are pretty reliable and there should be heaps of them in NZ.

Just pick up a used one.

They are pretty reliable and there should be heaps of them in NZ.

Yip! I'm on the hunt for one now.... On another note is there a way to "test" the cold start injector? Can I give it a direct feed to see if I can hear it clicking??? Bare in mind my UZ is in a hiace van so there is f'all room...

Cheers

Use a meter and measure the resistance as the engine heats.

This will tell you if the sensor is faulty or you have a wiring issue.

No no the sensor is toast... like in two pieces toast :( But its been doing the rough cold start for quite some time so would like to "test" the injector to make sure its not gummed up :)

Back