91 ls400 interference? broke belt

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Comrade_Charlie

Im looking at buying a 91-92 ls400 for cheap(under 500). Lady had it idling in a parking lot then bam, it quit running. Broke timing belt and water pump is messed up too for some reason.

The car is nice, is it a good idea to buy it? Im looking for a 1uz swap for my 85 300zx but for now id like to have a 4door with a/c to drive so....

I have heard it isnt interference... but I want to be 100% sure im not buying a yard orniment.

Sweet. The water pump breaking the timing belt seems to be sorta common I dont know.

How much do you think it would take to fix it, are autozone/advanced timing belt kits and water pumps good, or should I go with toyota/lexus stuff. I know nissans, so any help would be awesome. Toyota makes some stout engines.

Trying to change the water pump but it looks like the themostat is holding it from moving, is there a page to tell me how to pull it off, like location of all the bolts and what not?

Where can I get a fsm for a 91 ls400

found the answer about the waterpump stuff.

But I think im going to go with the gatorback timing belt from the autozone. People have had good luck with the gatorbacks on the 300zxs which is what I know. this is my second toyota so...

Back