415,000 miles on my LS400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

lemonhead401

I have an 1990 LS400 with 415,000 miles on it. It has Nakamichi and air suspension (still the original). I am thinking about doing a conversion to regular suspension, anyone have any recomendations.

Wow... over 400K is just awesome. I was thinking about a gentleman having his LS400 with over 500,000 miles just this morning. I would only convert the suspension if you are having problems with it. We carry Strutmaster conversion kit and I have it for about 4 years now and its well worth the money.

Well, I am not sure what is wrong with the car but going over bumps at speeds greater than 15 mph causes the steering wheel to go right to left very quickly and make a clunking noise. It is fine on smooth roads unless you are turning, then you can feel the slightest play if you rock the steering wheel back and forth. I originally thought it was lower ball joints but upon having those inspected they and every other joint up front was tight as a drum. Right now I am checking into the air suspension, which is the original with over 400,000 miles on it, and possibly the power steering assembly being loose. Any ideas?

Change out the Lower Contorl Arm bushings, rack bushing, and that should give you improved steering and suspension feel...

Back