2004 non vvti v8?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

drifty325i

Did toyota make the 1j v8 in 2004 without vvti? if so are they more powerfull than the early pre 2000 models? cheers

here are some pic, are these a good unit

sorry to say that but you've been Owned Hard dude.

this is not a 2004 motor. it's a normal pre 97 1UZ-FE non VVT-I

250-260HP depending the year.

I havint handed over the cash yet so its all good lol, thanks alot for that info guys because i would of been pisted! are you sure? it looks like a very clean motor to me but i really want the best bang for my buck so should i wait for a late model unit ? or not worry

any engine after a very nice engine shampoo will be as clean as this one.
the VVT-I one has bigger cam pulley covers to handle the space the VVT-I system takes.

So in your guys opinion what year and model engine should i look for ? i dont want vvti engine as it will require an even more expensive aftermarket ecu to control. And how do i tell them apart? dam you guys no your sh#t its awesome

If you want non VVTi then any engine before 1998 will be fine. The above engine is pre-98 non VVTi with front sump.... From my experience its from 1990-1994 Celsior...

Ok sweet pre 1998 thanks ill have this guy up about trying to rip me off.
do all pre 98s put out the same amount of power ?

no

there are 10:1 comp motors pushing an over-rated 250HP

and in late 1995-96 motors has 10.4:1 comp pushing 250-260HP (really)

Depending on what you plan to do with the engine. keeping it stock or N/A i'd gor for the 96 one. For forced induction I'd go with the other.

But, a 96 one with some bolt-ons and manual trans, in your lightweight 325 will sure give you a lot of fun, it won't be a Z06 vette but may give you a nice low-14 on the 1/4 mile.

Just spoke to the guy and he said he got the dats off the spark plug
leads lol. He also said most of the older engines are rear sumped and normally have the nasty log manifolds. The one in the pic has the better
flowing manifolds

Personally I like the 1990-1994 better because the timing belt is non-interferrence. This will give you alot of room for error if you are doing timing belt yourself. Its very forgiving. If it has rear sump the its a Soarer......

Sump position has nothing to do with age on these engines.

The sump position varies depending on what the engine was in.

The front sumps were in LS400/Celsior so should have had an easy life.

The mid sump was in the SC400/Soarer and will probably have been driven harder as it was sold as a sports car.

The mid sum is from the Crown.

None of the engines had an exhaust system to get exited about.

Before you pay him ring someone like Avalon wreckers in Hamilton for a price on the same engine.

he has 7 engines coming in from japan in 2 weeks so ill have a look for a rear sump 1990-1995 because i like the sound of the non interference timing belt. Now im finally starting to get clued up haha, can you interchange the exhaust manifolds from different models ?

Hey Drifty

Sounds as if that guy wouldn't even know where the spark plug leads are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back