1uzfe into 70 land crusier

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

msanson

Im half way through putting a crown 131 into a 70 series land crusier .This vehicle is a 24 volt and auto , have used the crown auto and adapted the transfer case on to the transmisson . Solveing the issue of a 24 volt vehicle and 12 volt engine took a fair bit of brain power .But in the end had the alternater coverted to 24 volt and run a step down transformer to run the feul pump, computer etc. the engine and trans are all fitted in place nicely but have not put on the transfer case as the internal gear adaptation is a tad tight on the trans shaft so only want to assemble once .I wanted to confirm that i had the computer wired up properly but could not get it to spark . Luckerly i found this form put my first post up and had he answer lhe next morning (poor earth to the ignitors) am keen to hear if any one has done a similar conversion as im sure there are still more proplems to face before it finished cheers michael

Good work Michael. How did you adapt the auto to the t/ fer? Did you have to use spud shaft?

Josh.

I machined out drive gear and pto gear. Mounted on to hollow shaft with drive spline inside, bearings at each end to match od of transfer case bearings. In theory if you where to assemble the transfer case you could just slide the transfer on to the transmisson and bolt it up and away you go but the adapter plate between the trans and transfer is bolted internally so every thing is assembled one on top of the other starting from the trans and working you way out. Have used this formular on other adaption ive done but never had to deal with speed sensors before. Speedo i dont need but counter a must. once i cottoned on to the idea of relocating the counter to the back of the transfer case in a housing that also hold the rear bearing the design came together. this segment has yet to be made

i'm putting a 131 engine in a lancer but only relized i'm missing the computer for the tranmission, when i bought the engine an tranny i didnot get it with the brainboxs, a.f.m, ingniters, only after going trough this site have i relized how much trouble it is to get the tranny to work, but i've already put the engine in the car so theres no turning back for me.
picture.php

still need the tranny brain an loom it's almost impossible to get it in my country most other 1uz are newer models

i have an auto ecu for sale
i might even have the factory plugs for it so the colours would match up
it doesnt come with diagrams thou heheheheh

Back