1994 sc400 will not idle upon start up hot or cold

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

slacer

My 1994 will not idle upon cold or hot start
When I bought the car it ran fine and there where no issues. The next day I go to start it and I would not idle then. I replace the water temp sensor that did not work. I then took out the ecu and replace the capacitors because that is the most common problem. That changed nothing. I then took off the iacv and took it apart and cleaned it. Still no change. I am at a loss as to what to try next.

Update I have gotten it idel on its own a bit I can start it and give some gas then it will idle just fine I am going to check If it is better in the morning. What cause this change was because my throttle position sensor was set to the max I reset it back to the factory spec

Ok so next day and a little late, but now the car will start and idle while hot. When it is cold I have to blip the throttle upon startup and then it idels perfectly fine. I have put some injection cleaner in it to try and clear the cold start injectior and see if that fixes the problem if I knew how to test the gray water temp sensor I would to see if that is the issue

Back