05 4.7 tundra motor, tranny and transfer case into Land Cruiser FJ 60

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

kodiak

I figure I should have done a bunch more research on the subject before taking it on. Im more of a jump in headfirst guy. Ive already placed the running gear, re-located oil filter, modified the 60 series rad and hooked it up. modified the Land Cruiser front diff to left hand offset to match up with the tundra case, and hooked up all the stock Tundra wiring and computer. It has been running in place, now comes the part of trying to intertwine old Cruiser stuff with new Tundra stuff. I am planning on grafting tundra instrument cluster into Land Cruiser dash. I'm thinking its the easiest way, and being all analog its doesn't look at all out of place. I am feeling kind of overwhelmed with it all right now. Im a pretty busy guy and really underestimated the time investment needed to complete such a project

Last edited:
If the tundra stuff is can bus then u can't do much
With the tundra signals
Fit the land cruiser temp and oil gauge sensors to the tundra motor
Then wire them to orig dash
Speedo might be tricky depending on gbox or transfer
Tacho will prob need to boost the signal or mod the tacho
Does the tundra have a tacho rpm wire or is it can bus too

Im not unhappy with running the tundra instrument cluster into the Land Cruiser dash, if fact in later model years the FJ 62 has a very similar cluster to what the Tundra is. It drastically simplifies issues like speedo, tach, gear shift indicator etc. I was just overwhelmed yesterday by the amount of wires I need to eliminate from the factory tundra harness and how they are going to affect for eg. the check engine light. I have a friend helping with wiring, I have little to no knowledge of this stuff myself. You can no doubt already see that. I have been enjoying looking at everyones projects on here. hope mine turns out to be something that others will appreciate in time too. In the past I have done a tuned port injected LT1 350 into an FJ 40 using a system from sdsefi.com It went very well. In this case with the tundra transmission and transfer case I think I am bound to stick with the factory electronics.

Back