Lextreme: Lexus-Toyota V8 Forum

Go Back   Lextreme: Lexus-Toyota V8 Forum > V8 Performance Tech > Forced Induction Tech (Members Only)
Custom Search

Forced Induction Tech (Members Only) Supercharged, Turbocharged, NOS, Intercooler, Methanol Injection & Go Fast and None OEM Stuffs.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:39 AM
5th Grader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1uzvl View Post
Lexplay,i would be real keen to eyeball your setup when you get it done if you would like to show it off.Im at the stage of a turbo/supercharger showdown and i think the supercharger setup is winning.My vl is just begging for some boost and a nice vortech supercharger with the straight cut gears is just the mechanical howl to tuffn her up.
More awesomeness!

KC
Old 01-30-2008, 06:42 AM
5th Grader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cribbj View Post
KC, I don't know if you're following the ITB thread here: http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9322 The last day or so we've been talking about the potential for reducing lag in a centrifugal setup by using ITB's and tweaking the supercharger bypass valve. Might be an interesting read for you, or anyone else running a centrifugal.
I'll check it out. Currently, the car stumbles a bit between shifts with heavy throttle. I think the compressor surge may be the cause. Without the IC, I had a lot less surge and I can't recall having any shifting issues at all.

I am still planning on keeping the current setup but trying it without the IC to see what happens.

KC
Old 01-31-2008, 10:37 PM
5th Grader

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
Also, can you snap a few pics of the body mod you had to make for the FISH to fit?-Matt
Look at picture #15 on post 12. The area where the power distribution block is sitting is where it needs "modded". Like I said, it's a fairly significant amount of bashing that needs to be done.

Also, the fuse box needs to be MUCH furthur over than in that pic. The fuse box has been and still is one of my worst enemies though this whole thing.

KC
Old 01-31-2008, 11:43 PM
2nd Grader

kc are the wire's too short to move the fuse box any where or is thier just no where else for it to go? i can see it getting in the way too.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:10 PM
5th Grader

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexplay View Post
kc are the wire's too short to move the fuse box any where or is thier just no where else for it to go? i can see it getting in the way too.
The wires are not too short to turn the box and shove it over as much as possible. It's just a big PITA. It's really not a good thing to do to any fuse box. Ideally, it should be relocated. I don't know where to though. This would of course require extensive wiring.

I haven't really looked into it, but it may be possible to use a smaller fuse box. Aftermarket or OEM out of another Toyota. It may also be possible to custom make something. Even if it's just a small plastic box.

KC
Old 02-02-2008, 05:06 AM
2nd Grader

gues ill find out shortly. Cause my cars a daily driver as well first thing im going to do is remove the original fan and put the electric fans on, move the battery to the boot, did u run a posative and a negative battery cable to the back? plus try fidle with that fuse box, im sure theirs something we can do with it.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:29 AM
5th Grader

you dont need to run a negative to the back. just ground out the battery to the chasis somehow
Old 02-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Just call me "Lex"

When u relocate the battery to the trunk. Make sure you solder the connection for good conductivity.

* 1993 SC470TT VVTi - Twin Turbo 4.7L Iron Block at work/Shine Project Body Kit
* 1995 LS520 - 5.2L Stroker with MeisterR Coil Overs and G35 19s
* 1998 GS400 - Daily Stock
* 1995 Previa - Supercharged Previa
Old 02-02-2008, 09:59 AM
5th Grader

Hey guys,

I'm having a little drivability problem that started yesterday. I think the gasket I had made to block the EGR might have failed. Or I might have a vac/boost leak.

IfI manage to figure it out tonight, I'll make some more, longer driving vids on Sunday.

KC
Old 02-02-2008, 10:17 AM
6th Grader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lextreme View Post
When u relocate the battery to the trunk. Make sure you solder the connection for good conductivity.
I agree with you.. That is an important point