Lextreme: Lexus-Toyota V8 Forum

Go Back   Lextreme: Lexus-Toyota V8 Forum > V8 Performance Tech > Forced Induction Tech (Members Only)
Custom Search

Forced Induction Tech (Members Only) Supercharged, Turbocharged, NOS, Intercooler, Methanol Injection & Go Fast and None OEM Stuffs.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:03 PM
5th Grader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoramike
a quick down and dirty HP calc shows a 3800lb car with RWD and auto would take 400hp to do a 4.858756556460258 second 0-60 time
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
but its no where near 400hp... id say 300ish.
I assume the 400hp estimate would be at the flywheel, which would be roughly 320rwhp. I think this is probably in the right neighboorhood.

The only similar setup I can compare to is the original SC400 fish install which belongs to George on this forum. http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showt...highlight=fish

He made 276rwhp with 5 psi. Main differences between his setup and mine, he is using a bigger blower (v1), but I am blowing in the 8-10 psi range.

A dyno will be the only way to know for sure of course. Before I go to a dyno, I need to do some tweaking to my IC setup, get my headers and install them, and do some street tuning.

BTW, I really like my current IC setup, but I have one more thing I need to try. Same pipe path as seen in the video but I want to put straight pipe in place of the IC. I am very curious to see what the temp difference will be between non IC pipe in the engine bay and non IC pipe not in the engine bay.

Khris
Old 01-29-2008, 09:01 PM
2nd Grader

good to see its worked out ok for u kc. i just bought thermactors supercharger off him and currently am collecting up the rest of the parts to do it. im sure you's will hear more from me when i get closer to puting it on.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:50 PM
5th Grader

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexplay View Post
good to see its worked out ok for u kc. i just bought thermactors supercharger off him and currently am collecting up the rest of the parts to do it. im sure you's will hear more from me when i get closer to puting it on.
Thanks.

Very awesome to hear of another fish project in the works (thanks again Lextreme!) and that is one hell of a deal from thermactor.

On a side note, anyone considering a fish setup with a Vortech should keep an eye out for the V-9's on ebay. They are usually cheap compared to the V1s and the V2s, less demand for them. And depite a few people who thought that the V-9 is too small, and a few people who out right told me it's too small (including Vortech customer servie), I think I've proven that it works, and it works darn well to boot.

Khris
Old 01-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Just call me "Lex"

Honestly speaking, the Fish is the most affordable comparing to the rest of the FI system. I am glad u guys take it to the next step. Lexplay... Lets get it on!

* 1993 SC470TT VVTi - Twin Turbo 4.7L Iron Block at work/Shine Project Body Kit
* 1995 LS520 - 5.2L Stroker with MeisterR Coil Overs and G35 19s
* 1998 GS400 - Daily Stock
* 1995 Previa - Supercharged Previa
Old 01-29-2008, 11:28 PM
"Supra" Moderator

KC, I don't know if you're following the ITB thread here: http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9322 The last day or so we've been talking about the potential for reducing lag in a centrifugal setup by using ITB's and tweaking the supercharger bypass valve. Might be an interesting read for you, or anyone else running a centrifugal.

New Daily Driver (Ferrari 550 Maranello)
Supercharged Supra Project
BMW V12 Project
2JZ-GZTE Project
Old 01-30-2008, 12:25 AM
2nd Grader

it shouldnt be too long before i start so far i have got
fish bracket
bolt kit
v2 supercharger
oil t-peice
2x idler bearings
rising rate fuel reg
blow off valve
au thermo fan

all the piping and lines i will make up when its on the car. im not going to run a intercooler, its just going to be straight in.

do you think it will run with just the rising rate fuel reg plus a AEM wideband uego controller to see whats happening?
Old 01-30-2008, 01:47 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
but its no where near 400hp... id say 300ish.
I believe10 psi should give around 400 bhp, but not rwhp. On average and proven of 6 psi, the SC400 will make additional 80-90 hp. 10 psi should yield an additional 150 hp. The SC400 bhp is about 250. However, this depends on how the car is tuned. Rich condition will usually lose power, while just a little leaner condition will make more power.
Single Turbo SC400 15 psi (389 rwhp and +400 rwtq), AEM EMS, Lextreme Hi-Performance Torque Converter, Hi-Performance Built Tranny with Shift Kit, Tein SS Coilover, Supra LCA, Big Brakes, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, LSD, Strut Bar, And Many More.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:08 AM
3rd Grader

Lexplay,i would be real keen to eyeball your setup when you get it done if you would like to show it off.Im at the stage of a turbo/supercharger showdown and i think the supercharger setup is winning.My vl is just begging for some boost and a nice vortech supercharger with the straight cut gears is just the mechanical howl to tuffn her up.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:36 AM
5th Grader

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevechumo View Post
I believe10 psi should give around 400 bhp, but not rwhp. On average and proven of 6 psi, the SC400 will make additional 80-90 hp. 10 psi should yield an additional 150 hp. The SC400 bhp is about 250. However, this depends on how the car is tuned. Rich condition will usually lose power, while just a little leaner condition will make more power.
I'm afraid to go to lean, seeing as I'm probably already pushing the limits a little. Running 10ish psi without any fuel mods other than the MAFTPro, and I did also bypass the fuel pump ECU. I may actually un bypass the FPECU, I'm not sure I'm seeing any benefit from it.

I have the MAFTPro set for 12.5 with boost, it works great. But..when I first go WOT, it hangs around 10-11 to 1 for a second and I can definately feel the loss of power. Haven't figured out how to tune it out yet. I think I may actually have a boost leak somewhere after the MAF, but I haven't been able to find anything.

KC
Old 01-30-2008, 06:39 AM
5th Grader

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexplay View Post
it shouldnt be too long before i start so far i have got
fish bracket
bolt kit
v2 supercharger
oil t-peice
2x idler bearings
rising rate fuel reg
blow off valve
au thermo fan

all the piping and lines i will make up when its on the car. im not going to run a intercooler, its just going to be straight in.

do you think it will run with just the rising rate fuel reg plus a AEM wideband uego controller to see whats happening?
Awesome. FYI, with my car I was seeing IAT temps of 65-75 above ambient without boost when I had it straight in. From everything I have read, that is fairly low, but it was making my nervous. Otherwise, straight in had the best overall driveability.

KC