1UZ FE Manual Trans./ Ring Gears?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Zorlac

Hello everyone
I tell you that I have a 1992 Toyota Hilux 4x4 (from Factory, with front live axle)
Install a 1UZFE engine, from a US Specs 1993 SC400, leave it with manual transmission, for this use an adapter for the hood A341 to matted to the box R150F (original of a 1994 4runner)
The engine simplifies wiring, I eliminated EGR, no cats, 2.5 "exhaust line with magnalfow muffler
The flywheel is a 3SGE, coupled as indicated by the recommendations that appear on several sites, including this one. The clutch is centerforce.

So far so good, this for about 5-4 years, the "build" it moves quite well except for the following details
He has always been with 35 "12.50 R15 tires mounted on 15x10" wheels with beadlock
The Hilux came OEM with 4.88 rear ring gear, too short for this engine, then at low speeds it moved spectacularly much power at the exit from incertia, but perhaps due to the flywheel and other things that I do not know the engine lifts turns too fast more beyond the speed maybe that moved this animal of 2 ton.

Reading and doing calculations, replace in both axles the gear gear by about 4.3 greatly improved the feeling, except that in the freeway the engine reaches 3700 - 4000 rpm to go to 60 MPH (100 km / h), I find it too, especially on long trips the noise sometimes bothers you because it could continue to accelerate and the engine sure gives more but I'm afraid to revolutionize it so much I find that it's half absurd ..., for me if it's V8, at least it should move well everywhere, which is the spirit of all Toyota hilux "standart".

I have read a lot but I have not managed to find other types of experiences, some indicate that it is better to climb in the size of the tires, but for what?, To increase even more the mass that moves ... on demanding the axles ...

To what amount of RPM, should ideally go in this configuration ?, I think that going to 3000 rpm at 60 MPH would be a success, but I have no references about the experience of other users of this engine in this configuration off road ...

The other users I know use flywheel adapted from Hilux Diesel (1KDFTV engine), which I imagine that the flywheel is much heavier than the one I use,  will the flywheel's mass influence so much?
I thought maybe replacing the ring gear again, I could compensate for this, but it's trial and error, maybe 3.7; 3.9 gears (from 4th 4Runners, or Hilux Diesel (1KD engines).
I remain attentive to your recommendations or experiences

Regards!

My car weighs 1900kg, has a stock 1UZ and runs 12.50x35x15 tyres on 10"rims.

Currently it has 4.11 diffs and cruises at about 2300ropm at 65MPH.

I think the engine is sitting just below its effective torque band and I need to downshift to 4th for any hill or rise in the road.

I've thought about swapping ratios and I was looking at 4.88 just as you now have.

Maybe I'm looking at too big a change?

Maybe your 4.3 is closer to the mark as I really only want another few hundred RPM at 65.

I've driven it 800klm in a day and it's hard work but it doesn't have doors, or a roof.

I also run a 4.88 diff in an LS3 powered vehicle with 30"tyres and it is geared way too low but it's not built for the freeway. It can pull the front wheels off the deck if driven hard.

My car weighs 1900kg, has a stock 1UZ and runs 12.50x35x15 tyres on 10"rims.

Currently it has 4.11 diffs and cruises at about 2300ropm at 65MPH.

I think the engine is sitting just below its effective torque band and I need to downshift to 4th for any hill or rise in the road.

I've thought about swapping ratios and I was looking at 4.88 just as you now have.

Maybe I'm looking at too big a change?

Maybe your 4.3 is closer to the mark as I really only want another few hundred RPM at 65.

I've driven it 800klm in a day and it's hard work but it doesn't have doors, or a roof.

I also run a 4.88 diff in an LS3 powered vehicle with 30"tyres and it is geared way too low but it's not built for the freeway. It can pull the front wheels off the deck if driven hard.

Hello

It sounds a good configuration, in my vehicle, and replace the 4.88 to 4.3, the most notorious change was clear up long hills or hills on the highway, you have to go down to 4th (no doubt in 4th this engine is the most wonderful when it behaves. .., feels the feeling of thrust)
I have more than 1000 rpm difference with your tachometer at the same speed you indicated.

I have come to the conclusion that what makes it different is the flywheel, which flywheel did you use for your vehicle?

For your data I think the crowns 4.3 would walk very well, also have more contact surface than the 4.1 which is good to not break so many things :)

regards

I have a custom made flywheel and it's quite light.

I also run Nissan patrol transmission and diffs and they are all large chunks of steel and would be costing me power.

4.3 diffs are available out of the 2.8 litre Patrol and I've been toying with doing something to improve the hill climbing situation.