1UZFE/2UZFE into a 2nd Gen 4Runner (U.S.)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Yeah come on updates..I started doing mine after reading a bit of this thread (4 months ago) and am now driving it. Hmmm '82 Hilux ute in the driveway.....

FINALLY... Time for another chapter in this saga. (Getting this into my garage was a monumental feat - not due to maneuvering but due to finding a home for all the junk in my garage.

new-chapter.jpg

First off, sad to say that there's no new tech here.

This project has been permanently shelved. I started back on this and the rust on the 4Runner was too severe (body AND frame) to warrant throwing any money at it. Sitting in my yard for a couple of years pushed the 4Runner into the not worth saving category. It spent 12 years on the road in the rust belt and a couple sitting out (was never garaged when it was operable either so that didn't help). It's gone now - all the good stuff stripped off.

Like a lot of projects, started off with good intentions and a decent plan but life got in the way. I've restored all the pics I could find (almost all of them), but there won't be any new tech added to this unless something crazy happens.

I have another (non-Toyota) project waiting in the wings, so an additional part of the demise of the UZ swap was having 2 inoperable vehicles on my property. The Mrs wasn't standing for it...

In the end, I finally got a running Toyota V8 after all - in the form of a Sequoia family hauler. :)

Hey guys, got an ln106 lux with the NA 3l. in very early stages but end result i want to try squeeze a 1uz in there but am unsure at if i would need to change my diffs or the stock diffs will hold.
Thank you any input will help.